What Is Facilities 4 Families?
By now many families have felt the pressures and disruptions remote learning inside the home can bring. For those with underlying health conditions, continuing to remote learn can be extra stressful, but still necessary. Many students are concerned about being asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 and bringing it home to their loved ones. Facilities 4 Families (F4F) seeks to ease this burden by supporting students in a remote learning environment while mitigating viral spread. We understand that public schools are stretched thin. Based on the “pod” concept, children attending the program will have fewer daily exposures than attending on campus. This is an enrollment program, functioning through referrals to ensure the most in need are served in the Georgetown community. At this time we are looking to hire an Onsite Learning Coach. For more information, please contact Janna Wehring at email@example.com.
How Can You Help?
The following items are always welcome:
- Gift Certificates from local businesses to show your support to the volunteers and students
- Paper towels
- Unopened, unexpired bottles of 70% or higher rubbing alcohol
- Nice quality baby wipes (these will be used to clean up messes and the kiddos)
- Latex free disposable gloves
- New comfy headphones for the kiddos to wear during the day
- 2-ply cotton masks
- Reusable water bottles
- Pantry stable snacks
To donate your unused technology, please visit segcc.org/tech-for-the-people/
Remote Tutors can sign up by going to: segcc.org/a-hand-up-on-line-tutoring/
Be an Onsite Learning Coach to support students in a virtual environment:
- Become familiar with the learner platforms such as Zoom, SeeSaw, Google Classroom, Schoology, etc.
- Help students maintain their daily schedule and follow the established procedures for being counted as present in their current school district.
- Provide assistance and reassurance if technology “glitches”, slowdowns, or frustrations occur.
- Provide and collect monthly Social Emotional Learning quizzes/surveys.
- Provide students and families with resources available through local non-profits and other public resources.
- Provide an example and ensure proper viral mitigation procedures are followed.
- Allow students to make mistakes and guide them to learn from those mistakes.
We are asking for dedicated members of the community to step up in a consistent and reliable way. There are full-time, part-time, and substitute opportunities available and all training will be provided. Volunteers must be 18 years or older, complete a background check, and willing to get First Aid/CPR certified. Interested? Click here to fill out our volunteer form.
Our goal is to make the program as affordable as possible. $25/month for the first student +$5/month for each additional student. If you would like to sponsor a family as a one-time donation, or recurring donation we can match up the need with the offer. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your support and contributions will help Facilities 4 Families keep going and will help fund our mission. Click here to contribute securely online.